Here is a round-up of news items about info literacy, e-learning and the Virtual Learning Suite, as picked out by VTS staff and Twitter.
1. JISC content – new website showcasing their digital collection and archives
2. Print dictionaries are disappearing, according to the Guardian. Online is growing.
3. We like ALT-C’s interractive conference programme. The conference is in Nottingham, UK from 6-9 September
4. JISC Digital Media have new training events …………metadata, screencasts, video production and more
5. Harvard runs the SPARK blog which looks at all sorts of stuff around learning, but today’s post covers how to teach, train and learn with technology
6. The latest on technology and teaching modern languages… amongst other things – the Languages for the 21st Century conference, organised by the Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies. Sheffield, 1-2 September